1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How did those VXT's work in the blizzard?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowzilla, Feb 7, 2011.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I am considering purchasing a new vxt seeing that my boss straight blade is 7 years old. I am curious how they performed cutting thru 20" of snow. I know a truck has alot to do with it, but cutting a path was real hard on the f250.
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

20" of snow with the Blade in V will be no problem as long as the vehicle pushing it doesnt lose power or traction. If you get some speed going you will be amazed on how far it will throw the snow.
  3. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

V-XT would be the best plow for big snow, calling it like I see it, I like both red plows.
  4. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Works like a dream dont get the chance to use the plow in the V position very often. but its nice when you do need it.
  5. zjm

zjm Senior Member

What he said:drinkup:
  6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Sometimes I have to drop piles in the center of parking areas, just to get some clean spaces because of cars always parking on my piles. Sometimes I don't get a chance to move them for days, because of the lack of room...which means huge frozen to the pavement piles. When I finally do get to them, I carefully bust them loose in V position and then stack them up real nice. I could never do that w/ my straight blades.
  7. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

This last storm I rarely used the V position, but this time, I used it almost every lot to start and it was amazing. Couldn't of even done some of my lots with a straight blade or scoop style. A Boss V is king in my book!!
  8. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Love the VXT.

I just did a driveway that hasn't been done all year...and the VXT made quick work of it.