1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How did Everyone do today in NE

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CrazyPlower, Dec 9, 2005.

1. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Well woke up around 8 this morning and enough to plow in SE CT so i was okay might as well before the rain came. Started about 8:30 all of a sudden the snow came down in buckets i was like sob. But got them all done while i got soaked doing the sidewalks dammit all. Otherwise had one thing break and that was pin that hooks the plow up. So i jerry rigged it so i can finish and it work just like new.

2. alamarc

alamarc Member

started about 6 and its 1 and its still snowin!!!!!!!
    Probably about 6 plus

3. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

it'is raining in the North Shore. Everthing is melting fast. 3-4" this morning. Now there is about 2" of slush.

4. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Guys are out now, 45 minutes ago we had 8.5 inches, should be about 9.5 now atleast, its snowing very heavily here. They should just be finishing the first go around of the route right now, then going out again when its all done
    (double trip todaypayup ) Currently, we are getting 3-4 inches an hour, its crazy. Had 5 calls today for new drives, got 2, gotta go look at 1 more then waiting on 2. I was out and say some guy in an old beater 1 ton drive into a covert trying to clear a mail box :dizzy: :sleeping: ...I wish I had my camera!
    Thanks
    James

5. Swinn

Swinn Member

Got out of work this morning at 6AM and there was about .5in. Got up at 1PM and there was 10in. It is still snowing pretty hard. I am just north of concord.

6. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

GOd dammit this is crazy about a hour ago at 1230 it was pouring rain now its like a blizzard out there what is up wid dis

7. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

Here in central mass we got at least 11" here and it's still coming down...it looks like the front end loader will have to be used tonight:)

8. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

We had just 1 hour ago (1PM)Salisbury, Newbury area 2" of slush. Since then we got 2" and it is snowing heavily now.

9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

5-6" in South West Ohio.......I plowed for 12 hours last night......

Derek

10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It started snowing here at 9 this morning, then about 2 hours ago it really started to come down, there is about 2-4 in the ground. Calling for 6-10 by the looks of the way it is now we might get 10+ :drinkup: payup

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Here in northern Illinois I did OK. Had about 5" at my house and 10" in Chicago which is south of us. Any where in between those numbers was on the ground by 1:30am CST. Started at 9pm yesterday and got home about a hour ago. About a third of that time was salting. I owe this site a great thanks for talking me into buying that thing as I have had more hours now here in ill. Then I had up to Dec 31st last year in Michigan.

Now I just wish I had bought a v-box. I am going through 100 bags per event and let me tell you pouring those 50 pounders in the hopper all night has taken its toll on me. But after almost 18 hours payup payup payup I am smiling.

12. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

looks like somewhere over 12" for sure...came down extremely fast, I got way behind the snow, driveways had about 10" by the time I got them on the second run. Just got in at 5pm from cleaing up.

I did see some freaky stuff in town here. One guy (has to be a lowballer) driving around town in a early 80's half ton 2 wheel drive long bed with chains on the back, a good 1/2 ton of sand in the bed. Old beatup fisher with NO lights on the headgear, actually there were no lights on the truck that I could see, much less any beacon. He nearly hit me on 2 occations from sliding sideways down the main roads.

13. yankees1

yankees1 Junior Member

here in sw ct we got 8 inches:nod: . what a nice way to start out the season.

14. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Just got back, 18in in Loudon 15in here in Penacook. Nice fluffy stuff very easy to push.

15. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

We got about 6in here in SE P.A. i sarted at 5:00am, my pump get stuck in the up position for about an hour, got back home around 5:00 PM

16. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Up in Central Maine we got hammered. Stopped snowing a couple hours ago and I measure just shy of 2"! I'm headed out in a few minutes to sweep the walk...

17. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Got somewhere between 12-14". Man was it comming down. Was heading out this morning and wasn't liking the way my goodyear/wrangler mt/r's where handling so back home to put snows on in without conditions. Glad I did though becuase it was bad out there. To many idiots out on the roads though.

18. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

in ct where i live we got about 12-maybe 13 plowed for 10hrs today lol this storm was crazy

19. crewcutenterprises

crewcutenterprises Member

Here in MD we got about 3 inches and it turned to rain about 6 am.

This is my first year, first time plowing and my first parking lot. I think it went well.. Let me know if this is close to pricing correct

125 hr plowing
    35 hr shovel and blowing walks
    30.00 bag 0f rock salt.

We did 1000.00 worth of work in 4.25 hours. not bad i should say..I think

plow2.jpg

20. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

At least 12" here. We started around 12 (too late, I soon learned) and as of 3 we hadn't made the first round of the accounts. Stopped snowing around 4. At 5 I got a call from my driver, (i'm now at my regular job) saying he just got done with round 1 and was starting to double check the accounts. Oi! Oh well, nice payup to start off the season. I'm pleased, it's my first year running my own show, and I only got a couple of calls from customers, mostly seeing when I would be there, and if I would be making a second round. Only damage thusfar is a slightly bent tailpipe. I can handle that.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005