1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How can you compete with this

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dfdsuperduty, Jan 15, 2009.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

HOW....That would be like paying to do the work for someone!
  3. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I hope a bunch of people with 1000' drives call him and demand that quoted price...lmao
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its probably a couple kids trying to make a couple bucks. They are probably 10 years old
  5. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

That's in Chicago and probably like where I live- typical house has 50 feet of 5' wide sidewalk, 20 feet of 2-3' wide walkway from sidewalk to front door, 30 feet of 2' walkway from back door to garage and a single car driveway.
  6. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

You don't compete with that... You laugh as you drive by...
  7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I am thinking about hiring them to do all my drives and give them an extra 5 per drive and still come out on top
  8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$22 to do a drive and the walks isnt that bad. ive seen worse. heck i have one $25 drive that i shovel the small walk.

now if he was doing the entire place for $7 that would be bad
  9. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

thats funny i was on there the other day and some guy put in his add that us plow drivers f!@# up and scratch driveways!
  10. Hmmm plow blades can and do scratch driveways...

Its one of the things that keep me in business all summer...
  11. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

The really doesnt seem realistic,but it could be a parent listing an ad for his kids but then again there are a lot of numbers there for a kid to remember. All I can say is Have at it
  12. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I think they get pre paid ??? will it get done ???
  13. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

they do a drive make enuff for some brews and smokes, after they drink enuff the price dont matter they are happy they are making something to feed the habit
  14. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Lets say its 2 Brothers. They get one house to do a complete clear they make $30 it takes them an hour. So 2 houses after a storm they enough to buy a video game. Thats just kids listing an add. I bet they only go a few blocks
  15. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

I was reading about these guys...they had over 3000 driveways.
  16. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

If they had 3000 driveways, then look for them to be on the cover of SNOW magizine next month.
  17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

They arent competition. If you are worried about a couple kids shoveling a drive or whatever for 22 bucks or what not, then you need to step back and look at yourself. Sure it may be cheap, but there are plenty of other fish in the seas out there to worry about a few kids looking to make a few bucks. Who knows, maybe we will see them on the front of the snow mag in a few years with some trucks and making some good $$$$$. We all do start somewhere remember. I dont think we all rolled out with big trucks and what not from day one, although I could be wrong. And who cares if they do buy a video game with the money?? At least they are helping the economy by spending it on whatever. They could be out robbing people, stealing your shyt, raping, etc. Instead they are just making a few bucks and staying out of trouble

Sorry for the rant, but I feel if we spent as much time busting a$$ on getting bigger and better as most on here do about lowballers, etc...............we'd all be friggin millionaires by now. Pretty sad if you ask me. I dont even worry or bother with the kids or lowballers anymore. I got my own business and family to worry about rather than what the 13 yr old down the street is doing. Kinda like all the people who play that guitar hero game all the time. If you spent as much time learning guitar as you do playing guitar hero, you would be Zach Wild by now and have mattresses filled with money, and be a rocker lol
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  18. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Yeah, huh, but thats, like, work, or something. huh,huh.
  19. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

I emailed one of these yahoos the other day, because when Im out plowing I dont have time to shovel my walk and it looks ridiculous.

It would be worth the $20 Id give them not to even worry about it.

Oh yeah, guess who never got a reply????? That would be ME....such great businessmen they are