1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Can We Tell? VX95

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BIGHUNTER2, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

:drinkup:Hi there. Great looking site and looking forward to helping out if I can. Just remember its the admins. and mods and members that make a great site, and from what I've been reading here you's all made this site to what it is (GREAT).

Anyways back on the topic, I have a question on the snowdogg V-Plow. From what I have been reading here, there has been some problems with the V-Plow Controls (hydraulics)and that Buyers had solved the problem by replacing the top block, with a new top block with two additional valves. According to this post http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=99026

With that being said, how would I know if my new VX95 plow (being installed as we speak from an authorized dealer) have the new style top block? Since I don't know what the old style would look like. How can I tell? Are there any pictures of the old style comparing the new style?

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

my guess is that they fixed the issue on all plows before they sell them.

3. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

as far as I knew, there were very few 95's that had gone down. I wouldnt worry but just simply call buyers with seral #

4. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks for getting back to me. That would be my guess too (fixed units before selling to customers), but my dealer did not know nothing about this repair.

I wonder if someone has an updated schematic for this update? This way we can tell, what has been updated by comparing old to new. I have confidence that Buyers has solved the problem.

Maybe Scott could chime in and help me out on this.

OH! I picked up my truck this morning with the new VX95 plow installed. Nice looking plow!!! Well very little snow here in my driveway to test the plow out, but I still dropped the plow and let it slide along the icy driveway. :D My neighbors thought I was losing it :waving: :D Little did they know. LOL!!!

5. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks;

I will try giving them a call. :)

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Glad to hear you got your plow on!

All V-plows after the discovery of this issue were thoroughly flushed at the factory prior to shipping.

The "new" hydraulics are still in the early release stages, and are being used to address current customers experiencing problems.

It's been a strange issue, seemingly random in where it shows up, but we're doing our best to take care of customers experiencing it.

7. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks Scott for replying back. I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said he had talked to you and that Buyers are changing out the ones that are currently having problems. Like you said some are having problems and some are not.

I just hope that mine will be OK. This plow is not being used commercially, just for personal use. One driveway only. So in two years when the warranty is over it will not have much usage on it. Hopefully after the two years I won't end up with this problem.

Scrapping ICE is kind of fun though. :D LOL! :D :D

Thanks
    BIGHUNTER2

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Rest assured, if you ever do have an issue, we'll take care of it.

9. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks again. I had no doubts in that. This has been a great site, and I see you've been here solving members problems. :nod: :drinkup: ;)

With this kind of assurance from you, members should have no doubt that Buyers will back up their products. :cool:

Thanks
    BIGHUNTER2

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  10. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

i have the new replacement parts on order, have not recieved them yet, when i do i can post the difference. till i see a new one good luck !

11. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks, I will be waiting to here from you. I take it that you were having problems with your plow? How long have you had your plow? Is there lots of usage on it, before you ran into problems?

I hope you don't mind me asking.

I'm still waiting for snow to use mind. Not much snow here this year.

Thanks
    BIGHUNTER2

12. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

i manage a install shop, out of the 50 or so vx plows sent out the door i have seen 5 with issues, some worse than others!

13. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

most issues we see happen after the 20-40 operating houre range.

14. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Thanks trmiller for the info.

From what you are stating only 5 out of 50 installs having problems with about 20-40 operating hours. Thats not all that bad at all. It is strange though, some are having a problem and the rest is not. I wonder what is different. I sure Buyers is trying to figure that out themselfs.

I wouldn't mind if you could post the difference with the update when you get it.

No snow here, still scraping ice with my VX95 plow. :laughing:

Thanks
    BIGHUNTER2

15. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Decided to bring up an old post of mine;

It looks like I've started having hydraulics problems with my VX95 Plow. When winging to the left or right both wings operate at the same time.

So I contacted my dealer this morning, and he stated he had a new "TOP BLOCK" in stock and for me to come in tonight and he will have it changed out, under warranty.

So, as you "QUOTED" smoorman, we are being looked after here by buyers.:D:D:D

I will let you's all know how it works out tomorrow.

Thanks
    BIHUNTER2

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  16. BIGHUNTER2

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

The Dealer changed the "TOP BLOCK" last night. It took them about 1/2 hour, that's including cleaning out the system. It seems like everything is working good now. Just waiting for more snow, to give a good try.prsport

They are also checking into if I need to change the lift cylindar. The mechanic that worked on my plow was not sure if I had the old type cylindar, or the updated one. So he took the part # of my cylindar and was going to get back to me this week. I didn't even realize that there was an updated lift cylindar. tymusictymusictymusic