1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how can i tell which brand name of the module i have ??? If really a blizzard

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Oct 22, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

how can i tell which brand name of the module i have ??? just for wiring diagrams, it doesnt match the schematic i got off blizzard website.

Also the wires for the headlights and turn signals, the headlight is a 3 pin connector the other is a wire i guess to loop for turn signal... my problem is the driver side has 2 extra wires and the passenger only has one extra wire.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds right, there should be 2 wires on the drivers side, 1 on the passenger side, in addition to the headlight plugs. One of the wires on the drivers side is for park lamps, the other is for left turn signal. The single wire on the passenger side is for the right turn signal. Do you have actual modules, or a relay harness? By your description, it sounds more like a relay harness.

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

thanks that answered my questions....
    not sure what your asking me, but if it helps im using a 3 port isolation module (the module with A B C on it with three different connectors on each letter).

hope this helps if not ill take a pic of what im using.

4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

make things easier what im using looks something like this pic
    [​IMG]

5. wizardsr

Ok. I haven't installed one with modules, but have done several with relay harnesses. They may very well be the same, but regardless, it sounds like you have it figured out. Thumbs Up

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

lol hopefully, but thanks guys.

last but not least does anyone have a wiring schematic for the headlights for a 2010 ford f150 fx4 ?
    if not use a test light

7. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

on the left side, does it matter which wire goes to park lamp and which one goes to turn signal, cause their both the same colour

8. wizardsr

Sure does, unless you want both your park lamps blinking with your left turn signal, and your left turn signal to be lit up solid when the park lamps are on. :dizzy: They shouldn't be the same color, is this a used harness? They're probably dirty, wipe them down with some brake clean.

9. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i bought the whole setup used but like the pic above one plug is red wires, other blue wires and the other green.

Ill take a second look and keep u guys updated

10. frankieavalanch

frankieavalanch Junior Member
    from canada

Could anyone help me, i have a blizzard plow and assembly taken off a 2005 chev silverado 4x4.I installed it on a 2011 gmc 2500 HD the headlight connections will not fit my headlights my blizzard wiring harness has 2 relays on each side and the headlight connections unplug from the the harness many thanks to anyone who could help