1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How can i make plow go up higher

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Aug 14, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Is there anyway to make my plow come up higher??? it comes a foot of the ground but I messured when there was no ballast in the back :confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How much higher do you want it?

3. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

i say about another 4 inches

4. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

plow

what is it on ? what plow?

5. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Its on 2006 Chevy silverado 2500hd ext. cab standard bed with an 8' curtis sno-pro 3000

6. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Can anyone give me an idea i know there are alot of people with curtis plows

7. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

plow

mine go,s 14"off the ground,how much you looking to get ?

8. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I would say 14 inches my self i put the plow on but i had no ballast and it came a foot maybe with ballast would come higher... although i only put on the plow becuzz im doing some construction around my house and i used the plow to plow the dirt

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Get stiffer front springs. The front ends on gm's drop a foot when you pick the plow up

10. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

They dont drop no foot :laughing: ..... With no ballast it goes two inches down with ballast it goes down about an inch because the plow is 795 lbs

11. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

The bumper practically hits the ground when the plow goes up:dizzy:

12. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Say what you want but i love my GM truck and i wont take it back..... and i am sure as hell gm truck bumper dont hit the floor i just said i want the plow go go up higher nothin to do with the front end of my truck :mad:

13. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Your plow will, in effect, be higher off the ground with stiffer springs. Or you could jack up the license plates and throw a ford under there.......:gunsfiring::drinkup:

14. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I dont i was just wanting to see if anyone could give me some ideas

15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Have you turned up your torsion bars or got the upgraded ones. I don"t have a chevy but if you do a search, They turn up the bars or get different keys or something like that so the bumpers don"t drag when you lift the plow.:mechanic:.

16. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

front end

try putting air bags in your front springs $80 a pair through Summit

17. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

I dont know if i wanna turn the torsion bars up and why you guys my bumper is gonna drag it wont drag and never will :nono:

18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The things in bold should remedy your GM front bumper from dragging:waving:

19. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Gm's definitely ride better but the price you pay for the cushy front end is the front bumper dragging when you lift up a plow. Its a common issue, I am sure if you do a search on here or google you will find a lot on it and ways to help it

20. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

But have never seen my truck's bumper drag Seriously It never has its an 06 Silverado 2500hd Ext. cab Standard bed been plowing with it for 4 years and hasn't had any problems when is ballast in the back the truck looks fine in front its isn't slouched ;)