1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how can i lift my 03 2500 2 inches

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by arcticzl, Dec 6, 2002.

1. arcticzl

arcticzl Junior Member

i would like to raise my 03 2500 4x4 about 2 inches inexpesivly .any ideas would be apreciated:confused:

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Cheepest way to get a little extra lift would be to crank up the torsion bars a few turns (search: torsion bar adjustment) thats free. Also concider installing some Timberlins, exelent results for the cost. If your looking to raise it even further then the only option would be a lift kit & larger tires but then your looking at quite a few pennys.

I assume it's becasue your truck sits so low w/ the plow on. So start with the torsion bars for a quick fix, then order the load boosters.

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yes. Twist the bars a few turns. Makes sure not to raise more then 2 inch. More than that will cause your front end not to have any room for movememnt and through your tires out of alignment. In the back end go to a good spring shop and have them add 2 help leafs. This should cost less than $200. I've done this 3 years ago... It's been great!

4. arcticzl

arcticzl Junior Member

western plow?

i have a 03 western plow unimount. it was on my 03 truck and the plow shop had to cut my valance for instalation.Now western has come up with a plow mount that goes under the valance without cuting any thing. i asked the plow shop if i could put these on my 05 and still use my o3 plow.they said yes but i would have to bring the plow in so they can reconfigure the plow. i see no adjustment on the plow, any idea what they are talking about ,i want to do this at home ,id rather not load this thing in my truck if i dont have to,im trying to save a little $ for gas

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ARCIC.............To raise your truck..............

Mark torsion bar bolts and crossmember for reference.
    (in case you mess up)

Jack up front of truck some to take the weight off.
    (easier to turn bolts)

Use 18 mm socket and turn bolt heads clockwise to raise
    counterclock wise to lower.

About 5-6 turns should get ya 1-2 inch lift.
    No alignment should be necessary............

note: Bolts MAY BE uneven or turned in or out uneven
    before or after you start and yes they are supposed to be
    cockeyed too........................geo

6. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

:waving: just rais the torsion bars that works the best.

7. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

See my reply in this post for an explanation of the ultra mount adjusting procedure.

If you own a tape measure and a couple of hand tools you can reconfigure the plow yourself.

8. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

If you want to raise the front ther Right way Get some new torsin keys so it will level it out. If you just crank the bars anyway make sure you get your truck alined or your tires will go to **** fast.

9. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

10. coachglynn

coachglynn Junior Member

Tim, Have you used this kit?

11. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey coachglynn, no I haven't used that setup yet, I will probably get it when the front end needs rebuilding on my truck. I like the fact that their upper control arms include the "bolt in" upper ball joints.