1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big should i go?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by roblandscape, Sep 20, 2007.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I have an 2007 Gmc 3500 Reg Cab with 11 ft dump body with dual wheels. I was thinking a 9ft plow but I only do small commercials and some large drives, Can I get away with an 8.5 ft. Boss Plow? Thanks for you help.

2. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

You'll want to look at the blade width at full angle vs. the width of the track of the vehicle.

I think you'll prefer a 9ft blade.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think you'll want to stick with 9' for the reasons Snowpower noted.

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Even pickups back through their windrows using 8-footers, so I think 8.5 on a dually will give you the same problem. 9' should give you the room you need, and you'll like the few extra inches on each side. Look at Fisher if you have them locally!

~Kevin

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Chief, Can you get away with......Are you trying to cut corners. Do it right the first time, and think about resale down the road. Does anyone want an 8.5' for a dump? That 6" could cost you more than you think if that dump has a wide stance and the 8'6 doesnt clear the outside track of the tires at full angle.

6. roblandscape

from Phila

Thanks Guys, going with the 9ft Boss. Will Post some pics

7. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I look foward to seeing those pictures ill have to get some up when i get my plow installed as well.

8. roblandscape

from Phila

Change of plans...Instead of dropping $4500 on the Boss 9fter. I picked this up for 3000$

dodge plow.jpg