1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big of brake line?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1977/85scottspecial, Aug 20, 2003.

1. 1977/85scottspecial

1977/85scottspecial Member
    from Indiana

I am to the point where I need to install my brake and fuel lines. I will probably use 3/8 fuel line but what size brake line should I use? Its a 3/4 ton 4x4 and will have either 35 or 36" tires with all four discs. I am talking the hard lines not from the brake itself.

2. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

From the distribution block up front, it's 1/4" steel tubing back the right side to the rear hanger where it connects to the rubber flex hose. It splits at the other end of the hose and is 3/16" steel to each wheel cylinder. It's 3/16" steel tubing to each front wheel, where it attaches to the rubber hoses to the calipers. I'm almost sure it's 1/4" from the master to both inlets of the block. Good Luck and happy bending.;)

3. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

Thanks, Thats what I was thinking but just thought I would make sure.

4. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

1/4 inch is what i used on my truck sunday to go all the way to the back 11 feet worth :rolleyes:

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Like Rick said,1/4" most of the way,and 3/16" out to the wheel cyls.

Might as well do the flex lines while your at it.

You will need 5/16" for the fuel return line,if your truck is equipped with it.

6. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana