1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big of a tire?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WOODY367, Nov 20, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have to put tires on my FFX. I would like a taller tire as the stock tires are a little small for the wheel well. I would like to keep the stock rims but want to fill the wheel well more. Any suggestions? Any good make? I gave BF's on now an like them.
  2. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

I just put a set of 285/70/17's on my 2006. They are just a little taller and wider than the stock tires, but they do fill the fenders too. I have the BF Goodrich all terrains.
  3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I can sell you my Hankook Dynapro MT Tires 305/70/16 . Look under items for sale. there are the pictures
  4. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

All depends what your looking for. I have LT305/70-17 ProComp Xtreme ATs on my truck and they look good, stick out about an inch or so, can go through anything and look good doing it.

They are to wide for plowing though, so I just picked up a set of LT265/70-17 for my other wheels to put on for the winter.
  5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I had 33x12.50x16.5 on my 81 F. They worked great for plowing. Not sure if that size will fit the 04 anf if they are too wide for stock rims.