1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big of a box plow for a 75 XT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jul 29, 2008.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I have a 1998 Case 75 XT Skid Steer, its 57 HP and weighs about 6000 lbs. How big of a box plow do you guys think I can run. The box plow web sites say 6'-8', but I would like to have a 10' or is that way to big. I will be having my local welding shop make me one. Are snow varies alot from powder to wet during the winter, so will the 8' be the for overall?
  2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

i would stick to a 6 or 8 foot. especially with the occasional wet snow and only 57hp you may be struggling a bit. If it were all powder you may be able to get away with a 10ft box. Good Luck
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 250 JD w/ a 7.5' Meyer plow that I put sides on and that was about the right size. I wouldn't recommend anything too much bigger than that because you'll end up taking half-passes due to the fact your machine can't push that much weight.
  4. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I've got a 75XT and a 430. I have a 10.5 Avalanche steel trip edge push box, a 10' angle plow and an 8' Pro-tech push box. I have used all of them on both skids and have had zero problems pushing any of them. I do use totally different tires on the 75XT in the winter though and will be buying a set for the 430 this year. I really wish my 8' box was a 10', but then I wish it wasn't a Pro'tech either.
  5. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks everyone!! I do have an over sized 6' bucket now and it pushes it fine. I think I will go with the 8' box, so I know it will push most of the snow falls. Also where do you go to get average and year snow totals? I went to the NOAA site and searched my area and cant find anything. Thanks for the help