1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Big is to Big?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by canrider, Nov 19, 2005.

1. canrider

canrider Junior Member

Hello! I was wondering how many trucks i would need to do about 200 driveways and about 5 comercial places? and is 200 driveways to much of a headake to manage? And how many driveways can one truck handle?
  2. Diablo

Diablo Junior Member

wish i was asking that question.:gunsfiring: :yow!: Airborne!
  3. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

Not enough info to help u accurately. How close are the driveways? How big are the commercial properties? And what type of equipment will u be utilizing are a few of the unknowns here.

However, it could turn into a very large project with multiple trucks needed to service all in a timely fashion. Good luck!
  4. sunriseturf

sunriseturf Member

Just remember that you have to be able to handle the Blizzard when it hits. Be careful of taking on more than you can handle. Nothing worse than getting lots of phone calls wanting to get out of their house when you are alreaady under a lot of stress. Better to be a hero.
  5. canrider

canrider Junior Member

The driveways are aproximatly 20 kms apart and the comercials are roughly about 200x500? How many driveways do you guys usually do with a pickup and a plow?

I have about 120 driveways in a 10 mile loop and it can be done with 1 truck in about 7-9 hours depending on snowfall and that is with a 2004 FORD F350 DIESEL with a BLIZZARD 810 and a 8 Foot SNOWMAN REAR PLOW. I also have another 80 driveways that are spaced farther out the whole loop forr those drives is about 40 miles and it takes about 8-10 hours running a FORD F250 with WESTERN 8.6 V and a 8 Foot snowman. I would say for that many drives you would want at least 3 if not 4 trucks I have 4 plus 2 trucks for commercial lots. It mainly depends on how far apart you driveways are.