1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big is this skid steer bucket

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a bucket for our skid steer that measure's 66" wide x 24" at the highest point. Just wondering if anyone knew if this is a 1/2 yard bucket or what. Thanks. I have a guy who buy's salt from me and uses my skid for an extra few bucks per ton, he is running a Blizzard Ice Chaser and he says it's a 2yrd hopper but looking at it last year with the curved top to it, it looks to be a bit larger than 2yds as mine is a 2yrd Downeaster with no curved top.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

you gave us the width and height but whats the length on the bucket? some trig could tell you real quick.

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

If we had to guess i would say 10-12 cubic feet heaped and 9-11 cubic feet struck. I looked up a few different brands and thats what they where all saying. One thing some guys do around here is load up one scoop and wiegh it in a truck and get your truck light loaded also but that would take all the guess work out of it. Pain in the butt though! Good Luck ! :salute:

4. Brian Young

That was my guess (half'ish yard). I know 3 scoops of salt heaped fills my 2yrd hopper with a good sized mound on top. Last year I thought I remembered filling his a couple times and it took 4 scoops, I just dont want to short change me or him.

5. Brian Young

Didn't think of that,lol My guess would be 36" deep

6. ROAD-SNAKES

ROAD-SNAKES Member

How do you like your Downeaster salt spreader ?

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

66"x24"x36" = 57024"cubed, then convert to cubic yds = 1.2 cubic yds, then divide by 2 to get .6 cubic yds for that bucket.

8. Brian Young

Love it so far.