1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How big a blade should I get?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sra61, Jul 13, 2011.

1. sra61

sra61 Junior Member

I'm new here, and it looks like a good place to get some good information. I have an 08 Polaris 800 Sportsman that I bought last year. It came with a Glacier II plow. I also found a set of the original Tatou tracks that I put on. I was able to plow with the setup as is last winter, I just couldn't angle the blade which was kind of a pain, but I made it work. I looked around quite a bit and decided on an Eagle Gen II Plow mount and push tubes that are extended for the tracks. This system seems way stouter than the Glacier setup. My question is, should I go with a 60" blade or a shorter blade, and would I be better off with the country style blade than a straight blade? I mainly plow a fairly short driveway, but also have to keep a fairly sizable area semi-clear for access with a trailer and a 1200lb. hay bail for horses. I'm leaning toward the 60" Country style blade, but would like opinions before I order.
    Thanks for the help.
  2. Cyber36

Cyber36 Junior Member

That is an excellent choice for your machine...........
  3. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

60" is the smallest I would go, I would go straight blade if its a small drive way, the county blade are really only good for long straight driveway.
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

for your set up,

what he said

is all I'm sayin