1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How best to bid 100 to 120 residentials??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by All Trades, Jan 15, 2005.

1. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I may be bidding on these 100 to 120 residentials, all owned by one company and all are near each other. I usually go with $30 to $40 for a normal sized residential per push. Is there a better way to do this type of a contract??

2. shaughnessylawn

shaughnessylawn Junior Member

well how close are they to each other if they are side by side thats great but if theres a little travel time you will need to raise that price butt its also what the rate is in your town we get any where from 75 to 100
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Todd how close are these accounts, as far as drive time? My mom still pays 15 bucks for her driveway in Sun City. This guy has a ton of drives , and he hits them all with a bobcat. he must do 12 to 15 an hour. So not to bad.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If they were real close together I would try a tractor with a blower on it. Trucks aren't the fastest things for driveways and a blower would do a better job.
  5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Thats what I did. Bidding 200 plus homes in one community. 90% of drives are the same. so I offered them all the same price to make things easier for me. going to come in with 5 foot blower and two walk behinds and make a day of it.