1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are you guys charging for driveways?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by FREDSKI, Nov 12, 2012.

1. FREDSKI

FREDSKI Member

Hey guys i need help pricing contracts for driveways. What are going rates i live outside of Cleveland in south suburbs of Brecksville and Broadview hts. Taking on the poeple i cut grass for just need to know how to charge for a contract. Any input would be great tired scrathing my head:help:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

325.65 for the season

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I must be a lowballer cause I charge 320 for the season & I live in Canada, so get way more snow then you & have it for 10 months every year:laughing:

seriously, 2 options. Per visit price or seasonal price:nod:

4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

In those communities you'd probably be better off at a push rate if you can sign them...I've seen and gotten flyers in my own mail box as low as $225/season. It's a nice area to plow because the lake doesn't dump on you quite as much as it does more East, but still can sometimes get close to the same number of events. Only problem is there are 4 plows on every corner.

5. FREDSKI

FREDSKI Member

Yeah your right about snow fall around here. Am thinking ill strart at $300 for contract and go from there. I been plowing commerical for past 8 years now and know how to charge for that. But your right about the guys charging only $200 for unlimted pushes. Those are guys that you see on the news that dont show up!ussmileyflag

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

wow you guys were serious? I thought it was a joke. how many plowable events do you get a year? The cheapest seasonal driveway for me would be $600

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I won't drop my plow for less than $40.00 per EACH plowing.No seasonal pricing to speak of doing driveways in my paradise,only per event.

8. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Very few people do seasonal charging here, almost everyone including myself is per push and i bill monthly. Price will vary by location, obstacles, length/width, and grade. $30minimum for most any home to start, price goes up from there.

9. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I charge per push, no one around here wants it per season. We have had some sad winters these past few years. Depending on location, size of driveways,obstacles, and if there close to any of my other accounts it's a minimum of $25, my average is $30. Salt and/or sidewalks are extra. I try and make around $2 a minute plowing driveways.

10. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I don't touch anything under $25 per push on the smallest drives, or monthly seasonal of under $100. My seasonals run 5 months.

11. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

It's pretty hard for me sell seasonal in my area. But I have seen them as cheap as $150.00 for the season. I charge per push for all my residential accounts. Last year I only pushed them a total of 3 times but the previous year I pushed them 23 times at a 2 inch trigger. Driveways usually starts at $30 and go up from there.

12. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Per push...

13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

$410 Triple, $375. Double, $310 Single. When in doubt, charge more!

14. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

wow i have no idea how some of you charge so little for a seasonal service...mive seen some seasonal prices that are just barely more than i made in one storm off my driveways... 50 per push and had to plow it ever 4 inches and we got 24 inches in one storm last year..

15. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

So you plowed all your driveways 6 times for a 24" storm and charged them 300 bones?

16. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Not all of them, only the ones that said that is what they wanted done. I cut a lot of them a bit of a break. And it was coming down so hard I didnt get back to some of them until they had more than 4 inches on them. it was coming down about 2-3 inches an hour.

I was just trying to make a point that I have no idea how people charge so low for a seasonal service. I would only be able to charge that much if we got two storms a year. Maybe it is just because I am not familiar with their locations, maybe im wrong and they make out great with those prices

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What size are these driveways your getting bid dollars for? Here it's anywhere from 200 and up.

18. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

The driveways around here are usually pretty big. I dont get that much for all of them, just some of them. Again that was a mistake on my part, I didnt take into consideration that I have a much different market than most other people. The larger driveways for that price are usually around the 300-500' mark.

19. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Per push, $35 and up.

20. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Its less than that here & to make money you have to be less than the $ 200/season. Worst part is there is more money in the resididential than commercial. :dizzy: