1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are you doing it (snow piles)?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by yak651, Dec 19, 2009.

1. yak651

yak651 Junior Member

Alright, I see pictures in here with people "piling up" their snow in a ramp type pile. Are you lifting the plow as you come to the end or how do you do this? When i come to an end of an area basically the atv/plow just stops, leaving a "wall" instead of a ramp. Is it due to the moisture in the snow or am I doing something wrong? Most of my driveway this isn't a problem as I push the snow off to the side, but around the house I would like to be able to "pile" if possible.
    Thanks for any tips.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Whether you have an ATV,truck,loader or dozer plow,blade, or bucket,it doesn't matter--you have to build a ramp and you'll only be able to do this by a nice smooth action of cracking your lift valve gingerly as you're moving.It will take practice and electric over hydraulic controls are not forgiving at all but it can be done.You're not going to create a perfect 1 on 3 slope here but then again,you don't have to.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I'd talk to IPLOWSNO
    he's a got a nice youtube video he did of plowing snow up his pile.
    He can make some huge huge piles just using his ATV.

I'm not much help on this but I'll point you in the direction of the Pile
    LOL

sublime out.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

When you get to the pile just pick up your plow and drive forward at the same time and if you do it rite you will climb rite up the pile. Or you can take a shovel and build a ramp.

5. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

start lifing the blade a little bit before you get to the spot you want to pile it. keep doing that on every pass. the next time do the same thing. as it packs you can drive on top of it. i did this last yr at a house in town. it worked well.

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the props sublime , this is bank two, bank one was alittle higher its on the left of screen, i have to much time on my hands, and a sled for which i made the banks for, but i killed my sled before i could really get to have any fun for all my hard work lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v0Kft3kF4