1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are the wideout plows

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Quicklawn, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Quicklawn

Quicklawn Junior Member

Just wondering how the wideout plows are if they have been a dependable plow. Just some feedback on them pros and cons. I curently use all Blizzards 810 power plow.Thinking about switching to western.

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

they are good. have 2...no problems yet.

3. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Im picking up mine tomorrow. I had Blizzard 810 and loved it, except for having to leave half the plow on the truck when you take it off and oh, the rust and white color after two weeks of plowing here in the salt belt. This is a couple of reasons that I went with the Wideout this time. I think that when Western or DD bought out Blizzard, they took this plow and made it better. Good Luck!

4. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

very pleased with mine

Ran mine last winter very pleased with it. Really cuts down on time handles very well. No problems with it.

DSC_0483.JPG

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

As you can see in his picture, the main problem with the wideout, it doesn't roll the snow. The big benefit to the Blizzard is the way it rolls the snow and doesn't just build up in front of the blade. There is a video of this on you tube as well. The new blizzards have changed the mounting, it's sort of a combo of the power hitch and the ultra mount. The blade looks almost the same. The newer Blizzards (8100) also have a much better powder coat, although from what I am told white is a hard one to make durable.

6. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

rolling

In the pic I was barely moving because I was cleaning up a windrow. I have no problem with rolling snow with it. My choice was also made because of my area's dealer support. alot more western dealers than blizzard.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The new Blizzard is basically a Wideout anyway from what I hear, mounting and everything changed. I'd be interested in your old used setups if you were going to sell them.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2.....I would not hesitate to buy another Wideout.......I looked at the XLS also, but between not having any trip built into the wings, lack of "good" dealer support, etc etc I decided to go with the Wideout, and glad I did.

I must say during my reaserching of the plows, I found that people were wearing out the wing edges real quick.....I fixed that by buying some good urethane edges w/built in curb guards from Jerre Herre, glad I did that also!!

9. Quicklawn

Quicklawn Junior Member

That's the problem i have been running into dealer support and closing down dealers in our area. nearest one is hour an twenty minutes away. I like the plows need help closer when having problems.

10. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Would you have any Pics of your edges?

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I dont think you can see it real well, but I did post a pic of my dump truck on here somewhere (I think it's either in the SS gallery or pics of trucks), and you might be able to see how the edge wraps around the side of the plow. They have a steel imbed in them for more rigidity.

12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

These ones?

[​IMG]

13. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I got a new W/O last year and love it. Cut my time down on a couple of my bigger lots considerably. They are also really good on open sided lots where all of the snow has to straight to the end.

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

. . No. . .those are steel arent they?