1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how are the salt bids going?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by terrapro, Oct 9, 2008.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

since the price increase how have your customers responded?

i just now got my bagged prices and am sending out my bids. i have a feeling some of the contracts have been taken already but what can you do when you dont know your numbers yet. :waving:
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

lol, im not talkting about it anymore..... im sick of this man made mess
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't heard too much negativity from any of my customers yet, after I explain to them whats going on they seem to be ok with it. We are still going to make money on the contracts that were for two years dating back to last year, just not quite as much, going to have to react to that by being more efficient, and careful with spreading, storage, and routes

My boss and I had lunch at Burger King today, they seem to have an endless supply of salt. we each took 10 extra packets "just in case"
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hahahaha,...omg , i have to step outside..... thats some funny stuff
  5. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I did bidding in August and could tell by the customer's faces they were FREAKED when I gave them salt prices. I am sure they decided to shop around and will be calling once they realize we aren't gouging them.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

we bought salt from our broker early at a pretty good price and now i have to explain why i am cheaper than the others
  7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

customers will understand if prices are higher, because everything else is higher....