1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are our Eastern Brethren Fairing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Toby, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I saw that storm on the news. Quite the event, I know there are a few Nova Scotia guys on this site ,but they probbably have their hands full right now or don't have any power on to be able to respond. Be safe out there guys and I hope you make lots of money. payup

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

95 cm. =36 inches here in Halifax. Biggest single snowfall in history. Every body is working their butt off. Started at 4.30 am thursday just got home. Had a few naps in there though. It was a bazarre night. Another 15-25 cm=6-10 inches to come for sunday. No place to put it. A lot of places had to be done with pay-loaders.
    couldn't touch them with my 1-ton 454- and Blizzard 810. Now its time for some :drinkup: : :drinkup: and:sleeping: before Sunday.

4. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I seen that on the weather network this afternoon. I can't believe another 25-30 is on the way. We had a week like that this January, not as much snow, but enough to plow every day for a week pretty much non stop. Good luck and get some sleep.

5. danthegrassman

danthegrassman Member

Hats off to the east coast of Canada. I'm really hoping you guys are safe. I can't belive they had to declare a curfew and $1,000 fine for disobeying it. Are snowplow private operaters allowed to break the curfew, that would be a problem if you are not allowed out. Man I can't wait for pictures from some of you guys. I think under these circumstanes you guys can justufy a pretty nice price hike next year and definitely this storm will weed out the fly-by-nighters!

Stay safe guys!