1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are Meyer Plows?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by NTL1991, Sep 25, 2007.

1. NTL1991

NTL1991 Junior Member

Hello. So I'm in the market for a new plow truck and I've stumbled on a 1997 Chevy S-10 Extended Cab with the 4.3L Vortec engine and an Automatic Transmission with 147K miles (which is a little high in my book, but the truck looks and runs great!)

So the truck has a 6.6' Meyers Plow that has the "minute mount" type of setup but I don't know how this would compare with my 6.6' Fisher Speedcast in durability, etc. How are Meyer plows? Are the parts expensive?

With the plow and the truck the cost is $4700, so I am going to do a little more research and then make my final decision sometime this week...
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

This just peaked my interest cause you're on a Meyer site asking how is a Meyer plow.??? Anyway "Minute Mount" is a Fisher designation. You might get a better response if you tell them the type of Meyer hookup that plow has.