1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How are BF goodrich All-Terrian TA's for plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by collegeplow, Nov 21, 2003.

1. collegeplow

collegeplow Junior Member

I have never plowed before. I have a '93 Sonoma with 235/75 R 15 BF Goodrich All-Terrian TA tires. How will those do plowing? They are a hard rubber and I am worried about ice. Anyone run these?

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I have had really good luck with them, As a matter of fact I think for all around purpose truck I would pick them.

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

They are great tires! If you don't want to pay for actual BFG's you can go to www.4wheelparts.com and get Pro-Comp At's. They are nearly the exact same tread pattern and last just as long. Maybe even longer since they are a little bit harder. They cost less and look great. I had both BFG's and Pro-Comp's on my Dodge and stayed with the Pro-Comp's. They lasted longer.

4. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Man if you are gonna go with new tires get the mud terrains thats what I have and I love them

5. Mac

Mac Member

BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO

I'm on my third set would not buy anything else. Great tire, quieter then the Mud Terrain, and has great traction on snow and ice.

I have ran 245/75 R16, 265/75 R16, and 285/75 R16 on my K2500

6. collegeplow

collegeplow Junior Member

Mac. my tires don't say KO. Do you know if there is a difference?

7. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

I have 285 bfg AT right now and they are great although for the last two years i plowed with bfg mud terrians and they were great to. My all terrians are wearing good. I also got 90,000 km out of my mud terrians which was unbelievable. This is on a 2001 chev silverado.

On my 2001 dodge ram i had mud terrians and only got 30,000 kms out of them. not quite sure what happened there except for the fact i have a 6 inch lift which could oh made them wear quicker

cheers

stolentruck1.jpg

8. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

wrong tires in that picture those are thornbirds

9. I love my BFG's. I swear it was those tires and those tires alone that didn't let me get stuck the last time i went off roading. And I was in some serious mud. They're awesome in the snow too.

10. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

11. Mac

Mac Member

If they are new check again. The tires will say ALL TERRAIN T/A in white letter, and then KO.

From BF Goodrich Site:

"All-new version of America's best all-terrain tire. ShoulderLock™ Technology. Even more go-anywhere traction, durability. Exceptional treadlife. Same great looks. Industry-first on-/off-road assistance program -- if you get stuck, we'll send a truck. Meets RMA definition for passenger and light truck for use in severe snow conditions. TriGard® construction for serious durability."

If they do not say KO they are the old version of the All Terrians.

Here's the pic.

all_terrain_large.jpg

12. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We have them on 4 of 6 trucks and love them. They are a little bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. We payed $150 each recently, the cheapest we'd found. We have Firestone Wilderness AT III's on another truck and they are great too, but I think they are being discontinued.

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Wouldn't use anything else but my BF's!:redbounce

14. RAT

RAT Junior Member

What is lthe load range for these tires?

While I washed my truck today I found what looks to be a 1/2 bolt stuck in my RR tire!
    I will be looking to buy new tires next week :angry:

15. Jake00

Jake00 Junior Member
    from Maine

I have found that the more aggressive the tread, the louder the road noise they make on clear pavement. How do these BFG's measure up in the noise department. I used to run with Wild Country tires, but the noise got to be too much, so I went with a Uniroyal M+S tire ... nice and quiet when I'm just driving down the road.

--Jim

16. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters Junior Member

They're extremely quiet for how aggressive they are. I have them on two of my trucks and love them. The Mud terrains are nice but are alot louder on the road and don't last as long. The KO is just the newest version of these tires. The only difference is the little bit more shoulder tread that you can see in that picture. Some new ZR2 S-10s still come with the non-KO style eithout the shoulder tread.