1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How about throwing a plow on one of these babies?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by seekay, Jan 26, 2010.

1. seekay

seekay Member
    from Maine

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/568_1233111054"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/568_1233111054" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That is probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Some technologies I have no idea why they were never implemented. That would be the ultimate snow/swamp/terrain machine. Capable of hauling 20tons in the snow is incredable. Why the military has never used it either is crazy, that is less moving parts than tank tracks and seems just as capable if not more.

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I did find this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/afJ18eJeNgU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/afJ18eJeNgU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

That is Cool!:cool:

I can't believe the dumb ass was whipping that horse like that! That poor thing was tired doing just that little bit.

5. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I have seen this before and it never fails to amaze me how after 75 years they would be hard pressed to come up with something that goes any better in 4-5 ft of snow than that thing does............... unreal that it was never developed ............:nod:

6. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

agreed.... idiot.

awesome awesome rig tho

7. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

8. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Great old Tech
    176Snowmobile_Ad.jpg

176Snowmobile_Ad.jpg

9. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Oh gawd, not this again. It's been posted umpteen times!

10. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Kabota there has been quite alot about this Model T snowmoble on a TV show on RFD TV called "Our 5 Sons" it is shot onsite at Rainy Pass Lodge up in Alaska and a guy that has guided up there for 40 years is from NH originally and he just bought one that had a prestine restoration done on it .................... they flew it to Alaska from NH
    in a jet then out to the lodge in an old "skyvan" might want to check it out??:salute:

11. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

This old tech is actually pretty incredible for its day. Yet it didn't take off back then, can just hear people back then saying " who would want a snowmobile "? thats dumb nobody will ever buy one.....duh?

A tractor that moves on snow? What an idea almost nothing compares even today.

I'll have to check the tv channel listings. We used to get RFD TV, but like so many things they always get rid of the good stuff but I can shop 24/7 on 6 different channels. I will try and check it out thanks.

12. Excursion

Excursion Junior Member

Do they make it for my Ford Excursion? I'll take one.

13. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

5 Thumbs up!