1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How about this Artic Cat

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by skamaniac, Aug 24, 2009.

1. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

First of all, i am new to the forum and new to plowing. I have an old Suzuki 250 w/chains that i plow my own driveway with but do not plow commercially. I also own a small lawn care business and with the need for some extra cash thought would start plowing this winter. There is a local shop that has a used 2003 Arctic Cat 500 for $3K. What do you guys think of this to get me started?

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

how many miles are on the quad? and hwta kind of shape is it in?

3. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

It's in excellent condition. Has 2200 miles on it. What should i look at on the quad to check it out?

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

2200 miles is a lot of miles on that year quad. my 2000's have 1100 miles and 1600miles. but if it is in excellent shape. make sure the tires are good. make sure everything works on it. quickly check the frame for any weird bends that dont look like they belong there. and while its running check when you start it to see if it blows any smoke out of the exhaust and make sure while it is running it doesnt blow any smoke. because arctic cats with the suzuki engines do burn some oil but not much. and just check the engine oil level to make sure it isnt low or anything because a lot of ppl dont take too good of maintance on them.

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

haha you gotta start riding them then my 03 has more than that

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have 3100 miles on my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 and it's in excelant condition. I go riding almost every weakend in the summer. I'm getting ready to get some new tires pritty soon. I know I could put 6000 miles on it and it would still be in excelant shape. It's all on who ownes it and how they take care of it IMO.

7. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

take a floor jack with you and check the front end just like you would a car, look for play in the wheel barrinngs, tie rods, ball joints and control arms, i just bought an 05 honda 500 rubicon with 4100 km's on it and i'm putting all new parts in the front end just there just worn out and have piles of play

8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 04 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 automatci with 400 miles on it you can have for $3500

ac400.jpg