Snow Plowing Forum banner

How about Arctic

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  peewee 
#1 ·
Thanks for the input on my other post about Curtis Plows.

Just found out we also have a dealer in our town that sells Arctic Plows.

How are these plows? They offer a decent modle for a 1/2 ton truck?

Thanks again

#3 ·
Bowtie, I just purchased a new 8 foot poly quick link for my z71 at the start of this season. So far i love it. I went for the optional small joystick and it's great too. We have had good luck for past three seasons with Arctic. around here it came in at 1,000 dollars less than a Blizzard and a 120 lbs lighter. A concern of mine considering I have a half ton. hope this helps.

Ray

#4 ·
I have an older Arctic on my old Bronco that I use as a back-up truck. The plow seems to tough enough, they are a simular desing to Westerns. They seemed to priced a bit better compared to US plows, I guess because of the exhange rate and maybe shipping costs. I see you were also asking about Curtis plows. It is funny I don't think there are any dealers in the Toronto area, they all seem to be in northern Ontario. My friend in Parry Sound just bought a Curtis from a dealer there. The same with Arctic, lots of dealers north of the city but only 2 or 3 dealers in the city.

#6 ·
i saw the artic plow they wont or dont have any info on there products

#8 ·
I have an Arctic 7.5' on my 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71. I plow a few driveways for my family and friends. The plow seems to hold up pretty well. I went with the touchpad and have had it replaced two times since early December. It just seems to stop responding. The dealer gave me an "old style" switch setup. I do not like it at all. I am considering going for the small joystick that hangs on the drivers window. Dont know what the price is on one of those, but im sure it is expensive. Anyway if I can be of any assistance regarding the Arctic, let me know.

Todd

#9 ·
Todd, I paid 225.00 Canadian for the small joystick. Actually they have two sizes and both are the same price. the slightly larger one has a detente that stays in float position and the smaller one you hold for a second or so and it goes into float mode. I like mine just fine. I used the aluminum brackets for the window mount but mounted mine solid in the center console. I found it a pain on the window. It was to high for my taste and I did'nt like the slack in the wire to allow the door to swing open.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.