1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How about a 95 Ford F250 for plowing?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86 CJ, Aug 27, 2010.

1. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I actually use to plow with the exact same truck in my dads company years ago but had an auto trans and I fried it plowing, but this seems in better shape.

Here is the description: What do you guys think....Just looking for a solid commercial plow truck(Cheap)

95 FORD F-250 RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE IS CRISP
    126000 ON 302 5.0L , MANUAL TRANS, MOTOR WITH MANY NEW PARTS
    THIS TRUCK WILL PAY FOR ITSELF
    COMES WITH PLOW, SPREADER AND LIFT GATE
    GREAT TRUCK AT A GREAT PRICE.

$3300

95f2504.jpg

95 f2503.jpg

95f250.jpg

95f2502.jpg

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The manual would be the price killer for me.
    I would offer $2000 and go from there

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's a pretty rare find: manual and a 302. It isn't really a good rare find, but that can help you when you're trying to buy it. It'd probably be a great truck if you don't mind the manual trans and you should be able to get it cheap because there isn't much market for a truck like that. That's also something to consider if you don't plan on keeping it forever. It might be hard to sell.

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i would buy it if i was out there i have a 96 with auto trans there great and everybody by me is looking for that body style truck they go quick out here thats a heck of a deal plow and salter i wouldnt pass it up :jester::alien:

5. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thats a pretty good price for out our way. Not sure how much lower he'll go probably 3000 max.

6. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Thanks Guys

It seems like a legit truck, the guy has plowed with it for years. It needs some floorboard repair, so there is some rust situation there. I am not sure what I am going to do yet, still looking around at options.

7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

that is a light duty F250 if it has a 302 in it. It likely has a semi floating 10.25" rear axle and a dana 44 TTB front axle.

the heavy duty F250's had a 351 or bigger motor with a full floating 10.25" rear axle and a dana 50 TTB front axle.

still a good truck, but if you are on the fence, I'd hold out for a heavy duty F250 or even better - a F350. always better to get more capacity than you think you'll need when it comes to trucks.

8. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Thanks for the advice :drinkup:

9. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

As long as you think its solid, i'd go for it. That seems like a decent reliable plow truck. Whats the worst that happens? u use it a couple years, make some money and buy some more plow trucks. In a year or two, now its one of your backups, if you blow it up who care, u paid $3300 for it (or less)

10. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I hear you on this. If I don't end up selling my Jeep setup and DD vehicle and buying a used 06 F250 or Chevy 2500 for DD and plowing, I just might pick it up....

11. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

Another thing to consider is the trans itself, if its a 302 it will have the Mazda 5-speed and not the ZF. IMO the ZF is was stronger and more reliable.