1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

House checking, anyone asked to do it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Deere John, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I was asked today to check on a customer's vacant house over Christmas. He is one of my better customers. It will be no problem when it snows, since I just have to check the water and heat quickly for consideration, but is there anything I would/should be concerned about from a liability point of view?

2. laker

laker Junior Member

we live in a area were there is a lot of vacation homes and many of our customers have us check on their homes, condos, and boats. We charge 35 a month (one visit) if they want more then its $15 more per visit.
    Pick up a large outdoor temp gauge and put it inside the front window facing out so you can tell the indoor temp when you drive by.

3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Big Thermo-bob: gee, thanks. Great Idea. This place has a water-well pump, and the breaker is off already, so all I really need to know is if the heat is still on.

I love this forum. Hee hee.