1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Housatonic Welding Snowplows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snow, Jan 2, 2011.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Just curious if anyone here runs snowplows made by them? They're a small welding company in Great Barrington,MA (berkshires). I've seen them at a few town garages, but not sure if any private contractors use them.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

looks like it would clip in to my fisher frame.

my k30 would look good pushin one of them :)
  3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i think we used to have one of those at work but some scholar decided that the moldboard doubled as a cutting edge and that was the end of it haha
  4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a plow you would find on a city or county rig...
  5. Townie

Townie Junior Member
    from mass

Newbie Posting.
    Yes we have a few of these plows made by Housatonic. There is a website www.housatonicwelding.com. I'm showing the 8 footer on my worktruck (Chevy 2500HD) It does go direct onto a "Pin on" style old Fisher and both the Minute Mount 1 and 2. Same weight as the Fisher also. I work for a Municipality and we wanted to try these out. I still like Fisher plows, so don't get me wrong, but these Housatonics are Outstanding plows for roadways. Pushing back is easier on the truck. It's just a different beast than Fisher or others. I do get alot of looks with this hanging off the front of a 3/4 ton, but check the website out. I've spoken to the Owner very nice guy and very knowledgable.

6. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

I've seen a few around on state subs' 3/4 and 1 tons, I think it's pretty cool. I've always wondered who manufactured these plows.

Townie, welcome! Nice work rig you got there, I like the color match bowtie!
  7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

how does that truck handle it??
  8. Townie

Townie Junior Member
    from mass

Really well...I bought this from S. A. McLean up in Limerick. He was saying it will cut fuel costs, instead of pushing a couple of feet of slush in front and dumping it into driveways, is"lifts" it and puts it up on the snowbank. I like it...seems like the truck works alot easier. I'm not on the gas all night fighting to push back, so saving in fuel might ring true.
  9. Chevycrazyman

Chevycrazyman Junior Member
    from Mass

townie, got any more pictures of wellesleys trucks?
  10. Townie

Townie Junior Member
    from mass

Ahhh. Orange and Black was the giveaway?
    Here's our KW C520. Got it from state surplus, it was originally a Military Roll-off prototype. Its' AWD with a NTC 400 Cummins, Allison DRD-750 auto trans, and Rockwells all around. Root unbody scraper with a 14' Swenson spreader.

KW PLS.jpg
  11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is a cool setup on the 2500HD. Now I want one!
  12. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

whats the weight on your 8'
  13. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

thats a cool set up you have. My town runs the orange poly straight blades on the fisher headgears. That kw is in nice bet that can push some snow.
  14. snow

Thanks for posting the pics. Good to see some of these plows in current service. Also like the Kenworth, thats a serious truck!
  15. snow

I believe he said in the original post it is the same weight as the same size fisher
  16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

That'd be nice for my neighbors 1/4 mile long driveway that drifts in so bad. Might have to look into that
  17. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Very cool! I want one now. I didn't know they made 8' hywy plows that light.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that looks good on your 2500HD
  19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That truck is Beautiful. I would love to have seen it as a roll off. No plow or wing?
  20. Townie

Townie Junior Member
    from mass

This is a twin to what ours looked like when we got it. This exact truck is in Canada and is still listed for sale. We shortened the driveline by 48" added a belt driven cluthc pump for hydraulics, installed the stainless, the belly blade and did the paint