1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hours???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, May 27, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

HI everyone, just wondering when is the best time to trade a skid steer in on a new one? How many hours? 2,000 5,000? At what amount of hours will you get the most money out of it.:confused:

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well I don't know what the best time is, I gues when you can afford to get a new one or when it starts beaking down. I have just over 600 on my N.H. and it will be traded in on tuesday!!! My new l175 is finally built and supposed to be ready for mt to pick up on tuesday!!! Can't wait, N.H just uped there warranty to 3k hours!!! Oh let me mention my machine isn't broken just time for a bigger one!!! My current machine is a 2001 and they are giving me a very very fare trade in value so I decided to let it go. I guess it is a case by case decision weather it's time for a new unit.

3. bdavis

bdavis Member

I buy used bobcats and will give you more than the dealer will.....call if interested brian 978-412-9008