1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hours in your truck plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowTeam5, Nov 30, 2010.

1. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Whats the longest you been in your truck plowing without any breaks of any sort besides driving to another lot to plow. I am curious to see who has the longest length of time. I personally went 28 hours straight in my truck 2 yrs ago during the blizzard we had. I came home and slept for 4 hours and showered and went back out for another 20 hours. Came home and passed out for almost a full day. Whats your personal best?

2. bigw

bigw Junior Member

19 hrs straight 2 x with in a few days just last year with the 2 big storms we had here.and it sucked!!!!

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Oh geez, anther one of these threads? Do a search, there is a thread with pages and pages of comments.

4. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

Try 36 hours between the truck and skid steer saw the sun rise twice. Did that two times last year it took a lot of coffee.:dizzy:

5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah there is a thread somewhere on here already. I think the worst was the December blizzard we had the end of last year. I know I did at least 36hrs straight, I took a nap in my office chair briefly before the phone woke me up again, prob about two hours. We had guys in and out for 5 days though I think in five days I slept a total of 5hrs. I have plenty of stock in redbull and 7-11 coffee.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

38 and I hope to never do it again!

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Based upon all the other threads about this topic, I always get a kick out of how many people stop working to go home and grab a shower... Honestly, your sitting in your truck doing nothing... Who really cares... JMO

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I work alone cause I like to fart.... my record is 48... Hrs not farts.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have done 24 hours strait of plowing. After 24 hours I like to get a nap.

10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Mercer how many drives do you do?

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Not enough............Plus some of that 24 hours was riding in my uncles plow truck (plowing roads) between plowing drive ways.

12. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

A shower always makes me feel better and wakes me up a bit.

13. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

30 hrs when we had 20 inches in 08

14. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

The runny farts suck! If I said how many, nobody would actually believe me.

15. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i did 40 some back in 95 started friday night and didnt get done till sometime sunday eveing.

16. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

with how many farts or hours? lol

17. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

26 hours in last years blizzard. Went home and slept for 12.

18. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

18 hrs. is my record. As far as I'm concerned, I see no glory in staying up as long as possible and I frown upon it. All it takes it one mistake to make you regret staying up that long and then you lose any possible profit you could have had.

I think I also read in one of the snow mags, that staying up for so many hours straight is the same as having a blood alcohol content of ....

19. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Agreed with pinky demon, its dangerous. My personal record was 40 something ( I could hardly count at that point) on the shoveling crew. I went home and passed out for almost a whole 24 hours. I know a few of those guys have ran a truck for over 70 hours, I know I wouldn't feel comfortable past 20 or so without sleeping for an hour. To top it off I don't drink coffee either.

20. serafii

serafii Senior Member

If I remember correctly my longest was 48 hours. Went home and slept for about 36 hours after that. Redbull coffee n cigarettes helped me get through that