1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Wages

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Theshoemaker, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, i'm wandering what the hourly rate is for a plow truck. I have been sub-contracting for a local company for the past 5 or 6 years and i feel comfortable enough to try to get a few small accounts next year by myself. I know that the company i subbed for was giving me 45$/hr but i'm wandering what they must have been getting if they paid me that. So basically i neeed to know what should i charge per hour per truck on a bid. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You live to close to me. I cant give away my secrets to bidding. Just kidding, but you have been subbing for 6 years and you have no idea what they are making per hour off of you. If you own your own company and truck you should be making at least $125 an hour. So you do 5 drives at $30 a piece in an hour that is $150. Then you have deduct gas, insurance, and any other expense you incur and that is what you make an hour.

3. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

thanks!!! yea i was thinking it was at least a hundred but like i said i was a sub and i plowed at places that i couldn't even dream about getting a contract to lol (GM)