1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Rates?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by redstroker_2002, Jan 15, 2009.

1. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

For everyone that is pricing by the hour. I would like to see what other people through out the country are making. We charge everything by the hour. Our pick up prices are $110 an hour. Our payloader is $120 hour and i believe the dump trucks to haul snow out is $110 an hour. We are a commerical business that runs 13 plow trucks two 6 yard bucket payloaders and 4 kenworth dump trucks.
  2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I am sending out track bobcats with an operator at $80 an hour and backhoe with an operator at $90 an hour. These are for loading out snow. No plowing or push boxes. Machines are staying on the same lot for a few days. So not much trailering either. Semi dump trucks are lucky to get $90 an hour here. Too many trucks and not enough work.
  3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i'd say you're pretty f*in lucky if you're geeting 110 for a pick-up. around here they are valued at 75 per hour best.
  4. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

I agree those prices are things of the past for the most part around here. There may be a few places that will pay that but they seem to be few and far between. Loaders as low as 85 an hour Ive seen.
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we are about half that around here on pickups and about $75/hr will get you a dump, not sure on big loaders, because no one has one for snow.....
  6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Pick ups range from $60-80 per hour in Milwaukee area.
  7. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

wow the low for a pickup around here is abou 100 an hour. i am surprised
    shawn_ likes this.
  8. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

You Offered me $35 an hour..... Unbelevable :realmad:
    Mistifier likes this.
  9. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

You guys would really spend an hour at a place, and send a bill for SIXTY dollars? Are you high?
    If that were the case, I wouldn't touch commercials, I would plow residentials all day @ $25+/pop.
    shawn_ likes this.
  10. ncsinc

ncsinc Junior Member

wow we get 135 hour for loader and 135 for 6 wheel dump
    shawn_ likes this.
  11. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

we get 110 per hour per truck 65 dollar min. for resi or comm
  12. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

Per hour doesnt mean much if you are only getting 2 hours. Now everyone gets to inflate their hours with their $.

How many hours are you guys BILLING per storm.
  13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We make around $100.00 per hour/per truck. Everything is billed out per time but that is what it ends up being at the end of the day!
  14. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

After figuring the bid price versus the time spent on the job I am averaging $135.00 an hour for a pickup.
    shawn_ likes this.
  15. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

What kind of loader? I wish I could get that. I just had a loader bobcat and two six wheel dumps out for 40 hours hauling snow. I wasnt getting near that. Where are you at in IL NCSinc?
  16. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

I get $85 an hour for F350 with an 8ft blade...
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. I bid a job at $100/hr for my pickup. I think I lost it because of that. So now I charge $80/hr for my one pickup. I think that's pretty high around here too. I was talking to one of my friends, and he was gonna haul snow away for me for $150/hr. That included the dump truck, and the skid steer. I was suprised to hear that.
  18. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Ive noticed, this year especialy in my area that everybody and their brother has a plow hanging off the front of their truck. I know of 3 lots that I lost charging $80/hr for 1 truck, some un-insured you know what came in and is doing it at $45/hr, I just dont see how they can make any money off it, and its no huge outfit either, the guy is a one man show. Now half of the stuff we do is our own, (buddy and I are in buisness togther) so thats another story, but its downright dirty with all the low ballers out there. I'm betting that I get 1 or 2 of them back next year, they're all right on my route and constantly look like crap, never cleared out in the morning on time, ect..
  19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the dude with the skid steere that you showed me? lol. You won't have to worry about that guy next year.:rolleyes:
  20. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Yep thats him, I know hes not gunna last:yow!: