1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Rates -be honest...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by big acres, Nov 12, 2007.

1. big acres

big acres Senior Member

We have accounts under all types of contracts: monthly, per-push, and hourly rates. We all know that the monthly accounts keep our lights on, truck payments made, etc... the per push stuff can be great if it is an account that is empty of cars and traffic and you have a superior operator. I tend to sell hourly rates to accounts that operate several shifts and have constant and changing traffic patterns on the property because we are constantly back to clean-up -and bill for it. My question is this; do you guys publish "peak" and "off-peak" rates in your contracts? In this market, many potential customers would run like hell if you put "125-175 per hour -peak, and 55-75 off-peak" for a truck, even though in reality the 8-12 hours of peak time should earn a premium and the clean-up to follow can be done for the general range it takes to operate a basic vehicle in any industry, 50-70 per hour.

2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I've never heard of a peak or off-peak snow plowing rate. You push until the snow is gone. It's ALL peak.

Fast, Good, or Cheap? Pick 2.

Fast & Good = It won't be Cheap
    Fast & Cheap = It won't be Good
    Good & Cheap = It won't be Fast

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I like the Fast, Good, or Cheap it is sooo true. Many years back we would charge "off peak" pricing the day after the store (after everyone had rested)for clean up antime during regular 8am - 5pm hours

4. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member