1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hourly rate

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Wayno690, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Wayno690

Wayno690 Junior Member

I'm from nw Indiana and was wondering what a fair hourly rate is? One guy is paying 65 an hour, and another wants to pay 50-55?
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

In north west Ohio subs are making in that same range. If you have your own accounts, you should be able to pull around 75 an hour or so.
  3. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

Are you covered by his insurance or do you also need you own? You need only chase him for your pay. You may have access to nanother vehicle if yours is down for repairs. Over the years I have had my own route and subed myself out doing condos, ramps, parking lots. I was fortunate to work for a coouple great plow contractors and for me it was much more beneficial than having to deal direct with customers.
  4. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

average sub rate around valpo seems to be in the $40 to $50 an hour range from what I've seen. You can get alot more if you head into Illinois but who wants the drive. We have our own accounts though and hardly ever sub for someone unless their in a pinch.
  5. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

it all depends on the accounts and the person $60-$100 per hour is normal in SW Michigan, I pay depending on what I make not how fast/good the person is. it only takes 30-40 minutes to do a large parking lot.