1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly rate

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by hawk29, Nov 13, 2008.

1. hawk29

hawk29 Junior Member
    from Sw ohio

Bidding an apartment complex in dayton oh. I normally charge by lot but this one wants hourly what are most charging in this area? Does $85 sound to cheap?
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Hey if you need a sub let me know i have one other big lot i am getting subbed for but could us one more!

Englewood, Ohio
  3. arosewag

arosewag Junior Member

Not sure about your area, but I was getting $85/hr as a sub in northern virginia, and was charging $125/hour for some commercial plowing on my own.
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

85 is not bad, but as a sub-contractor im getting more then that for my truck. Perhaps its just the going rate in your area!
  5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$85 per hour for the liability that goes along with an apartment complex?????????????????? I would say that is very low. You better pray no one slips and falls, or gets in an accident at that place with your name on the Snow & Ice Control. For $85 per hour, I would stay home.
  6. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

in my area, $70-$85 h/r seems the going rate, and i've been hearing locally that guys are raising their prices across the board.
  7. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I am subbing for a local contractor and when I told him how much I wanted an hour compared to how much per event he took the per push price. If my guys know they are getting paid by the hour it will cost my contractor more. Efficiency is the key here, maybe you should explain it this way to your prospect.