1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmlcinc, Oct 9, 2012.

1. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

What is the going rate per hour for plowing roads with a big county truck with a front plow and belly blade? Also post your standard rate using a regular 3/4 or 1 ton truck so I can compare your regional pricing to mine. I know what to charge for regular pickup trucks, just not the bigger county type trucks.

The job consists of around 30 locations with access roads ranging from .2 to .6 miles that need plowed with a four inch trigger.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Why don't you look up your county records of years past what other contractors charged in your area?It's all there for you--comes under ''Public Information''--it's law,has to be available somehow to anybody that asks.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A lot of times it may be bid at lane miles so you get a set amount every time you go out ,or it might be seasonal contract.

4. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

This is for a private contract (windmill access roads). They're all new to our area, still building them, and so the work is new also. Never bid something like this yet.
    Thanks

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find Camden on this site.

6. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Gmlcinc where are you located at? If you are close to north west Ohio I have a buddy that works for the management company that put them up. I turned it down not something I want to do.

7. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

Located in central Michigan. Why wouldn't you want to do the job?

8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

For one they where going to be split up in to zones. Things may have changed. And I have my customers that have been with me from day 1. With doing 25 windmills my customer service would take a dive

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We get a minimum of $115.00/hr because we've paid subs $100/hr before.

Most times we get closer to $140+... but oddly enough, DOT in NJ pays 80k gcwr trucks like dump trucks, cement trucks etc. $105-135/hr to plow roads and highways

hmmm. 1 ton truck or less $50k new "a nice one", $115+/hr
    Mack truck/etc.. $100-150k new ?

Just the fuel difference, registrations, wear and tear,insurance, maint etc. puts you in a whole different ballgame plowing with the big trucks.