1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly rate for an FL80 with......

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by LR3, Aug 29, 2015.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I just bought a Freightliner FL80. It is equipped with an 11 foot highway plow. A liquid de iced tank and a salt broadcaster. It's basically a state plow truck. I'm looking to throw a qualified driver in it and was wondering what to charge for an hourly rate as a sub. Do any of you companies with such a truck think you could give me an idea please as to what to charge, I would be most grateful. Thank you.

2. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Why would you buy this if you don't have work for it or know what it will make (payback period / ROI)?

3. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Up there, municipal or government doesn't have to go out to bid? What did the town pay their vendors last year?

5. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

They do go out to bid. any advice on hourly rates?

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Different state different price. File a request to see last years billing from vendors. They have to give it to you. I'm guessing about 140.00 if it'd your contract. 100.00 if you're a sub.

7. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Wow, only that much! TBO, I thought it was much more than that for a 9 ton. I will definitely ask for last years billing. Thanks.

8. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I know the on the Mass DOT site they have the rates that they pay their subs. Not sure if that will help but it should give you a ballpark based on what the truck has on it i.e. 11' plow with spreader and liquid tanks

9. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Great start, thank you.