1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly rate bobcat & blower?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by exmark1, Oct 16, 2007.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What are you guys charging per hour for skidloader and blower work? I have a townhome that wants an hourly rate and I am kind of lost...

2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

skid loaders with bush boxes or plow can move equivalent to 3 trucks with a good operator. We don't offer services by the hour but I would say in general nothing under $200 per hr

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That must be one big SS or 3 really small pick-ups.

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

You should know or just one really slow operator..

5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ive gotta agree with JD. ive never seen i ss clear as much area as 3 trucks.:dizzy:

6. exmark1

Thats what I thought...I run 3 plow trucks every storm and have a tough time with that, I can't imagine charging $200.00 for a skid loader per hour either

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

it's possible with the right conditions....... 2 trucks for sure!

8. Jay brown

were getting $50 per hour for SS, our rates will increase this year to $55-$60. these rates are still too low due to our market conditions.

9. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Scottscape if 1 truck can clear 114xxxsq feet in 2 hours would it take a ss 40min?

Back on Q' we charge $65 hr in dirt and $55 in snow for loaders wheel loader is about $120 i would probably recomending chargeing 25-35$hr for the blower, i don't have one i don't know the maint involved

10. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Possibly in the right conditions. :nod:

$55 an hr?? this is why we don't work by the hour

11. exmark1

Totally agree with you... I really don't know why they want an hourly price, but in the end it's only one job so it will balance out

12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

we are getting 75 an hour here in kc and they supply the box plow or blade . depending on your market id say 125 and hour would be fair. and for the blower id say 50 an hour.

13. Jay brown

unfortunatly you'll be left without a job if you can't be competitive with the competition, and $50-60 is competitive here. only way to make up the $$ is to milk the job or pad the hours..... the good part about us working by the hour is that we get several 1/2"-1" snow events and we go out and plow and make some $$$ while all the 2" trigger guys are left at their shops watching the weather channel.