1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hourly rate and number of pushes

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bigthom, Oct 28, 2012.

1. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

hey i am from buffalo new york and deal with lake affect snow a lot. just wondering what some people are at for an hourly rate in a pick up truck. by that i mean what you charge to plow a lot in that truck. not what you pay people in a pick up. and wondering wat the number of snow falls or pushes you are basing you bids from. just wanna see where i am at in the market. thanx guys.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How long have you been plowing?

3. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

12 years. just seeing how competitive i really am. tough to stay cheap but still make profit with these fuel prices.

4. grandview

I've been doing things based on 25 pushes for seasonal contracts.

5. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

I would go by how many bids you get. If you land more then 50% of the accounts you bid your probably bidding to low.

6. grandview

Around here,snowplowing driveways is like manta falling from the sky.

7. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

lol ya im in the west seneca south cheektowaga area. i just do this for extra cash now. i work full time in a auto shop. so its mainly people i know. Ive been bidding at 28 pushes so im not too far off.