1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hourly cost break out

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ruro0302, Mar 31, 2006.

1. ruro0302

ruro0302 Junior Member
    from MN

Does anyone have a good break-out of the components that make up your hourly/pre time cost. Meaning what percentage of your hourly cost is attributed to fuel, labor, R/M, overhead ect.?payup

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't this magic set of numbers be different for everyone? And wouldn't it change from year to year? I think I figured my break-even was $57/hr last year.

3. ruro0302

ruro0302 Junior Member
    from MN

ratio should be the same

I would agree that the actual cost per hour would vary by region and company size. I'm asking for individual ratios. I'm not sure break even would be a good way to go because it is a moving figure also. I'm looking for some input based on your experience. Of your hourly rates what percentages are attributed to labor, fuel, insurance, overhead and profit. If anyone have this type of break out it would be helpful to know the region they plow in and the size of their company i.e. small medium or large. Grn has a good point these factors would influence the ratios. Any guidance will be appreciated.