1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hour meter resetting

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chev_4x4, Jan 31, 2008.

1. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

OK I have an interesting situation. Yesterday I changed the oil in my 06 2500hd with the 6.0 gas motor. When I reset the oil life monitor and went to get back to trip mode for my mileage, I passed the hour meter and it was only at 11.0. This truck has over 22,000 miles on it. Has anyone ever heard of, or experienced this, or know what could have caused it? Thanks for all the help in advance.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The hour meter isn't suppose to change. Even the guys that roll their odometers back, say they can't roll back the hour meter. Very strange!! I don't condoane people messing with odometers just so you know.
  3. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I did not do this on purpose, I am concerned that I might have issues later down the line. I just want to know what caused this, I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, just thought I would throw it out here first, probably more knowledgeable people on here than at the dealership. I liked my hours and I want them back.
  4. santelikk

santelikk Member

This is a some what common problem. If you go onto dieselplace.com you'll find out that this has happened to a lot of guys.