1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hotels

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Snowpower, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Pros/Cons?

I assume I'll have to return after checkout for a cleanup as the lot empties. Had a nice package deal come my way today doing two hotels and an apartment complex for the folks I have subbed for in the past. They want a flat fee price this year including salt. I had never salted their accounts and did them hourly. The hotels are newbies this year.

I am flying solo this year, but they want these bid as if they were my customer at my rates. I will give them the extended family rate. I owe them a lot giving me good work the last few seasons and paying very well. Nice guys. Big....but not from my area.

This will fill my plate this year and then some with the other work I have. May have to dump a few outlying resis.

So anyways.....rambling on but anything else I need to look out for at hotels?

Ones 70K and ones 30K

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, those must be pretty big hotels for that money. Are you leaving a peice of machinery on site?

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I didnt mention any money. :) Not leaving anything on site. They aren't that big. No walks either. Hotel maint must be doing them.

And dont laugh. Tailgate sprader. Big one but still. My yard is close. These are nearly across the road from each other right around the corner from my star commercial.

Im not worried about moving the snow. I am worried about my salter. It's what I bought this year, and what Ill have to run. They know its what I have and its gonna cost them a bit more than if In had a Box.

Snow removal is not included. Thats on them.

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Oh you thought I meant $70,000 and $30,000 dollars?

lol No. 70,000 and 30,000 square feet. xysport

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL Sorry I never even thought of sq ft.

6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I did the same :p 70 Grand !! What am I doing wrong :eek: :dizzy:

Hotels are nice if you have a blend of accounts. At night when you need to clear all of you office buildings and restaurants all you need to do is clear the lanes at the hotels. Then during the day when the office buildings and restaurants are full the hotels are empty. I like them, always try to get a few ;)

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to send you a message to see if you needed any sub work for $100k. lol.

Everyone reading that is like, "Dang how many events a year? What's this guys hourly rate?"

Glad to hear you are set with accounts. I would think a great time to do clean up would be right after check out and before check in. What is that, 11:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.?

8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thats bed time after an event....lol So these hotels always require two visits? Is that the general idea?

Always? Or just the ocassional cleanup.

I've got numbers and the contracts set. Gonna sleep on them and see on any more advice. We will definately deal on these. They dont want to come to my area, but bid this stuff all the time. It will put me a little over my comfort zone with my other stuff. May have to sub out a few resis or whatnot to some friends. But this should put me at about 1500 per event. Bout 500 a salt only event.

Cha ching. Now all I need is snow. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007