1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hotel pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fartbox333, Oct 24, 2014.

1. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Hi all. I'm looking for some input on pricing a hotel lot for this winter. The lot is approx. 55,000 sq. ft. with no shoveling. Price needs to be 1-3 4-6 6-9 etc in inches and includes salting the lot. Any info would help. Thanks. Can't figure out how to add a pic of the place.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

How long do you figure it will take to drive there in the snow, plow & salt?

3. easygifts123

easygifts123 Junior Member

Take the amount of time needed to complete and come up with a amount you think is fair for your setup (80-100 hr).....Find out how much salt is going to cost you and add enough to clear a profit.Remember hotels can be a pain when they are full and always need a 2nd-3rd visit.Do you have insurance?

Salt should be a little under a ton each visit. Depending on how you are spreading it wesport

4. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Could take an hour to get there with traffic and storm conditions. Probably going to dedicate a skid steer with an 8' pusher for the site with salt truck with plow coming in as needed. Property needs magic salt only. Roughly $130-$150 per yard. Plowing main areas with cars in parking spaces should be able to do it in an hour. Without cars maybe closer to 2 hrs. Yes I'm fully insured.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You're going to dedicate a skid steer and pusher for 1.2 acres?

6. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Yes. When forecasts call for more than a few inches. 24/7 property.

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

They doing 3-4" in house?

8. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

No. They close the dome for that amount. Just looking for some info from people who plow and salt similar sized lots.

9. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Anybody have any usefull help or experience?

10. easygifts123

easygifts123 Junior Member

when doing a per push on hotels just remember it may or may not be full and they always get a second service.Some are just quick opening or you can get stuck there for multiple hours. They are open 24/7 and like to be the first ones clear or salted....What more would you like to know? I service multiple hotels and they are all different. (per push/seasonal/ No walks/Walks/Light salt/Heavy Salt....)

11. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

I talked with the property manager about cleanup of occupied parking spaces a day after the storm. They have done this in the past. Should I price this service seperate so I don't get burned? Need prices by the inch with magic salt. Cleanup and melt/re freeze salt applications after the storm extra??? Removal will be hourly extra.