1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hot Hot

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MBB, Mar 1, 2007.

1. MBB

MBB Senior Member

New Western / Blizzard 810pp plowing Western Mfg lot Milwaukee WI
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Are you telling me you stole them and they are for sale:p
  3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I dont under stand what your saying...
  4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

What he is saying is Western and Fisher are unveiling a new power plow like their Blizzard line next week at the Indy trade show!!!
  5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

about bloody time, I was just talking to BNC about that the other day :rolleyes:
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Id like to see pics of that!
  7. GFX

GFX Member

Might have to take a ride over there and see how bad they screwed it up. I'll have the camera if I make it there.
  8. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

If anyone goes GET PICS and post them. Lets see how FUBARD they are. Who knows though they could have done a good job for once. That contractor blade is a tough Bia.
  9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Why is everyone already jumping the gun on these and bashing them when they havent even seen them yet? Wait a little bit and give them a year or two before everyone starts bashing these plows. Yes there will be problems, thats a given. But to already say that they are messed up before they have even been released is ridiculous in my mind. Its just like anything brand new on the market, there are going to be issues. Give it time everyone.
  10. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I was trying to say but in my own way. Which to be honest is tough to figure out. lol But I did mentiong the Contractor blade is nice and tough at that. Lets hope they based it off of that one.
  11. truckie36

truckie36 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an 810 with red paint. Have you looked at the Homesteader and Suburbanite plows? the only difference is the paint and the labels. If you download the manuals, they even have the same part numbers in the break down.
  12. fatcat2929

fatcat2929 Junior Member

Actually western is coming out with the mvp pro i believe. It will be a v blade with power wings. Still being developed, but thats what i heard
  13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Sure, and it will weigh 2200lbs.
  14. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that. More down pressure for back dragging :nod:
  15. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The easiest thing western could do is throw a speed wing moldboard onto an existing ultra mount setup. Alot of peolpe like chain lifts and the fact that you can drop the blade on uneven ground. I can't wait to see what it is !!! It sure would be alot easier finding parts for your plow !!!
  16. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

people are jumping all over saying this new plow will suck b/c of what DD did with the Polycaster/Tornado disaster.

It is going to be hard to trust a company that screwed over so many people.
  17. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Sure it wasn't just a regular western with the fixed angle wings mounted on it? First time I saw those I thought it was a red 810 at first.
  18. MBB

MBB Senior Member

not fixed wing, close enough to see (quartering away from me) between back of blade and front of pickup. did not pay attenion to lights. It is possible it was a speed wing unit, but the construction I culd see looked too heavy. I run a 810 on a 350 v10 currently so have a little idea what I am looking at.I also have had fishers and westerns in the past. They have had a Blizzard 810 sitting around at the plant, sometimes in view sometimes not, all last year and this winter. Currently it is sitting right up by the parking lot fence next to the sidwalk. I have not seen the blizzard plow mounted to any trucks. Nor have they parked a truck with the red PP out in veiw at any time so far.My only complaint on my 810 was with the lift and with help from Jerry that issue is being addressed.