1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hoses keep breaking on a Sno-Way!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mylawn03, Jan 28, 2004.

1. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Everytime I go out to plow, I break a hose on my sno-way...and it always eithier the down pressure hose on the lift ram, or the hose that picks the plow up and down. I've already replaced these hoses with heavy duty ones 3 times, but they just keep breaking and the front of truck gets painted with oil. Isn't there a relief valve thats supposed to prevent this???

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

DO the hoses spring leaks or do the connections break?

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

they crack right where the hose goes into the coupler

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

have you called snow-ways tech line and asked what they think it might be. it is possible the relief valve isnt working, so the pressure spikes too high and blows your lines.:D :D

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

There is also the possibility that you have another bad set of hoses. The relief valve is a more probable culprit though.

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If the relief valve is set too high the blade when it gets to the top, then you would hear a thump or bang. Does this happen? Where do you buy your hoses? Recommend specialized hydraulic shop. HD hoses feel rough to the hand and reg. ones are smooth rubber. The smooth rubber ones will not stand up.