1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hose stuck on e 47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fga, Jan 25, 2004.

1. fga

fga Member

What's up guys,
    I have a Meyers e47. Right now my plow is straight. It was stored away over the summer with the power angle hose fittings connected to themselves( if that makes sense). The hose from the truck came right off, but the hose on the plow is stuck real bad. The sleeve moves freely, but I can't get the hose to disconnect. I tried alittle hammering lightly, even a lighter to try and heat it alittle. Any ideas on getting this apart without destroying the fittings. I can get away with plowing straight in my lots, but I'd like to have the option if I can for a few long driveways.

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Try spraying the connection with a product called PB Blaster. It worked for me on rusted hydraulic couplers. I bought my last can at Auto Zone.

3. fga

fga Member

Is that similar to WD40? Or is that a specially made for thins like this? Thanks for getting back.

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

No it works better and faster than wd40, it's like knockerloose.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

What Dan said. This stuff actually works. I haven't found anything that's even close to it's rust busting power!!

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Spry with your penetrating oil. Take some vise grips and clamp on male fitting, not too tight, and hammer on the vise grips while wiggling back and forth. (the vise grips, not your ass....lol)

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

You gotta watch the hammering on that fitting, you could break it in the pump housing. Take it out of the pump and put it in a vise. If you dont and you break it you wish you had.....Rob

Oh ya, the Pb is good stuff