1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hose problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Gavins Lawncare, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

just wondering if any one else if having hose problems plow is month old used it twice and blow both angling hoses

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Shouldn't this all be under warrenty? Check with your dealer... maybe the pressure relief is set too high or something.

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah, something is wrong there. Have never blown a hose on any BOSS as of yet... knock on wood. Especially on a brand new plow. :cool:

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Was the hoses pinched off or did the fitting blow off?
    Last year I bought a hoes from Boss and one of the fittings was not crimped on.
    If you had one of these hoses it would blow apart quickly.
    If the hose was pinched off it was not routed properly.
    The hydraulic hose can take more psi than your pump can produce. So eather you got a couple of bad hoses or they got pinched in something or they got damaged some how.

" maybe the pressure relief is set too high or something." quote, DerekBroerse. It's possible if the relief is not working or set to high and you hit something the weakest link (the hose) might blow.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  5. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

no the hose blew about 2 inches above the angling cylinder

6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Cheek the routing of the hoes with the blade lifted. make sure it is not getting pinched off. You will want to pick your blade up a few times and change the angle as you do. Look to see if the hose comes close to getting pinched off. I'll take a pic of how the hoes are routed on mine.

Does the hose look like it's cut or blistered or just shredded?

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Pics of hose routing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  8. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

both the hoses were blistered when they blow

9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Did you get your plow from a dealer? There should be a warranty on a plow that is only a month old? Where did you get the replacement hoses from? Because it should have been covered under the warranty. right?

But seeing as it's blistered, I would say eather you got a couple of bad hoses or the bypass is set to high or not working at all. Did you hit something really hard?

10. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

iam gioin to dealer in the morning and no i didnt hit anything

my budy also has a new boss and blow both hose at the same time 5 min into his route well see what dealer say s in the morning

11. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

i blew one when the plow was a week old, now yesterday was the first time we have plowed in almost a month, and of course the dealer closed at 5pm, wouldn't you know, 6pm there's fluid all over the place, same location on the hose, opposite side. WTF this plow is BRAND NEW! i'm demanding a spare hose this time!

12. Hammer

Hammer Junior Member

Check the pressure of the pump at the pressure port. It should not exceed 2500psi. If it does, there is where your problem lies..

13. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I had rubbing problems on my old RT-II Boss. It's all in how they are routed. I ended up replacing mine with steel spiral armored hose. I'm sure the new owner of it is still using these hoses on that plow!

The reason I suggest rubbing is maybe you guys built yours together and routed them similarly or something.

14. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

the dealer told me that it is either a weak batch of hoses, or boss is also thinking that it is a grounding problem. they think the plow is trying to ground out in the hose, causing it to heat up and weaken, thus causing a burst. doesn't make any sense to me.