1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hose connections?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mkwl, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

This past weekend, I was cleaning up my new (to me) Fisher plow, and putting on a Fisher splat decal, when my brother noticed that the hoses all have what I'd call a "uniform bulge" on the metal part of the hose connection, all in the same place, all the way around the connection. My question is- is this just the shape of the hose connection (the way they're made)? I'm thinking it is, since they're all like this, and are all "uniformly bulging". Anyone?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Relax and take a breath.

That is from the metal fitting being crimped on.

They put it in a hydraulic press to collapse the fitting on to the hose.
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, so this is normal then- I figured, but just wanted to be sure so I don't have a hose blow on my at 4AM in the middle of a blizzard! I'm a plow newbie :blush2:
  4. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Even if you do think they look fine buy at least 1 spare. They are cheap and worth having.
  5. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I agree with Plowfast, get a spare and keep it in your truck. I don't plow without my emergency kit. Last year I had one incident where I plowed a lot (not on my route) and it wasn't clearly marked and clipped a curb section. In that incident, I broke one of my hoses and was able to repair the plow (in about 15 minutes) and was back in the truck and plowing.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Are the hoses interchangeable- can I carry just one hose that will fir for the 2 angle cylinders and the lift cylinder? Or do I have to have all 3 hoses on hand?