1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hose Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Wrecker, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Wrecker

Wrecker Junior Member

I have a cable operated Western. The fitting that the quick release screws into on the pump for the angle cylinder hose broke off. I had this happen on another unit years ago. The only way I could get the piece of the broken fitting out of the unit was to cut off a easy out ( Needs to be short) and use it to back the piece out. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I would think if this has happened to me twice, it's happened to other folks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't really want to cut up another easyout.
  2. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Don't know that it would be any easier than an easy out, but a punch and some tapping with a hammer will often spin such things out.
  3. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

This happened to me also, I lifted the plow turned it full left got out studied the hoses. The bottom hook on the trip spring would hook the hose from the pump. I changed the direction of the spring hook and used a large tie strap in a large hoop to keep hoses away from the trip spring hooks at full angle. After doing this I no more trouble with broken fittings or streched hoses. Hope this helps you in the future.
    Happy Holidays