1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Horst SnowWing Wiring

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by f150skidoo, Sep 9, 2015.

1. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

So I bought a used Horst 7-12 snowing for my 320 Deere skid steer. The blade has 4 wires connected to a 7 pin trailer plug for running the electric valves. My skid steer has no switches in the cab for running the electric valves, so ill have to wire my own switch. So im assuming one wire is hot and the other 3 are grounds? If anyone had to wire up switches in there skids to run these blade can you explain how you did it.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Quick guess would be
    1 is a ground for all the valves
    3, switched power for each of the valves
  3. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

My guess would be 2 wires are for the left wing and 2 wires are for the right wing. With no power applied the hydraulic hoses run the left to right hydro-turn function (direction based on hydraulic flow direction). Applying power to either "pair" will direct the hydraulic flow to a wing (again direction based on hydraulic flow direction).
  4. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

Thanks and you're correct that theirs 2 wires running to each electric hydraulic valves.